You probably don’t give much thought to the components of a refrigerator before it shuts down, or unless it comes time to replace it. To guarantee you get the most from this important appliance it can be extremely nice to understand exactly how it keeps food cool—and Manchester Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to learn everything you need to know concerning how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is time to reach out to refrigerator repair Manchester.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many houses that do not have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-own household appliance for many years now. A residential refrigerator stores your food at the right temperature, to eliminate rotting and slow down the growth of harmful bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration works by transferring the warmth from the inside of the appliance to the outside, by using the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The main components of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Manchester Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is both a motor and pump, and it is necessary for circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the system.
The compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should hire a professional service if the compressor is broken.
The condenser is found on the back exterior wall of the appliance and helps to disperse the warmth absorbed within the refrigerator out in the air.
A refrigerator evaporator is located in the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs warmth held within it, effectively lowering the temperature inside the appliance.
Right when an evaporator is not working, it is time to hire a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquified coolant is carried within a capillary tube which acts as an expansion tool as it cools the gas, turning the gas into a liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat will regulate the temperature within a refrigerator, beginning the cooling period when necessary.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Manchester for service right after an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature inside the refrigerator rises higher than the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to begin, and then the next cool down begins. The appliance attracts the cold liquid refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the liquid, and raises the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The compressor pushes the heated gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils on the exterior of the refrigerator, where it comes in contact with warmer air temperature in the home and returns back to a liquified state.
3. The cooled liquified gas then continues on its journey towards the refrigerator evaporator, finding its way through the many coils within the appliance and freezer section.
4. The liquid absorbs the warm air from inside the appliance, cooling the temperature back to the correct set point.
5. The coolant then evaporates, and turns back to a gas form, and returns to the refrigerator compressor unit so it can continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is often used in many applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting heat from one place and transferring it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling your house, provides a safe environment for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of a number of different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need service? You can schedule an appointment with Manchester Appliance Repair.
Manchester Appliance Repair is able to fix most standard models of refrigerators – includes industrial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced service technicians in Manchester complete training to fix cooling problems, ice makers, condensation issues, water puddles and leaks, bulbs, digital controls, smart technology and countless other problems. We know refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2019  Manchester Appliance Repair